The Center offers a 3 Day program for children 3 and 4 years of age, which meets Monday, Wednesday and Friday from 9:00 a.m. – 12:00 with extended day options, 9:00 a.m.-2:00 p.m. one or two days per week, Monday &/or Wednesday.
An afternoon 3-4 Year Old Program is offered on Monday, Tuesday and Thursday, 12:30-3:30 p.m.
The 3 Day morning or afternoon programs are made up of 10 total children with two teachers per classroom and a teacher aide that is shared between the classrooms.
THE GOALS OF THE 3 DAY NURSERY PROGRAMS ARE:
(1) Social Growth:
- (a) to gain respect for the rights and feelings of others;
- (b) to foster cooperative play situations; and,
- (c) to develop and expand conflict resolution skills.
(2) Emotional Growth:
- (a) to encourage independent thought and understanding of feelings and behaviors; (b) to support the expression of emotions;
- (c) to gain consideration for others; and,
- (d) to provide support in the process of separation.
(3) Cognitive Growth:
- (a) to facilitate the development of each child’s ability to think logically;
- (b) to use words and ideas clearly and to apply knowledge; and,
- (c) to provide an environment rich in opportunities to practice skills necessary for future academic success.
(4) Physical Growth:
- to facilitate the development of small and large motor skills through games and daily play and the daily use of classroom materials.
To achieve these goals, the programs offer a morning circle, indoor exploration and play, snack time, outdoor exploration, small and large group learning times, and a good-bye gathering.